Wednesday 2 December 2015

The Christmas Tag // BLOGMAS DAY TWO

Now technically I wasn’t tagged in this but I did have a little google looking for a Christmas Tag to complete. I’m not going to tag anyone to fill it in but if you fancy it then do leave a link to your post in the comments section so I can have a read of your answers!

Me in 2013 (If this isn't christmassy then I don't know what is)

1. What is your favourite Christmas film?
I just published my Top 5 Christmas Films yesterday so check out that post for the answer! But I would say my most favourite (maybe) is The Greatest Store in the World.

2. Have you ever had a White Christmas?
When I was really little I remember it used to snow all the time around Christmas so I think it probably snowed on Christmas day at one point which does make it feel much more Christmassy and magical. However in recent years there hasn’t been any snow I can remember!

3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?
I usually spend Christmas at my parents’ house and my Grandad comes over for Christmas dinner which is always lovely! However I am looking forward to a time when I will have my own Christmas with my own family some point in the future!

4. What is your favourite Christmas song?
Fairytale of New York by The Pogues! I just love it!

5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
When I was younger I used to open my presents of my brothers and sister on Christmas Eve and then open the rest on Christmas Day but recently we just open them all on Christmas Morning which I think I prefer!

6. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Donner, Comet, Blitzen, Rudolph are the ones I got off the top of my head. I’ve just googled it and found that I forgot Cupid!

7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
I don’t really know if I have any traditions. I know that at some point during the day there will be an argument over some kind of board game. It’s usually Monopoly and for as long as I can remember I have refused to play! Last year it was Trivial Pursuit which made a change. My sister was mad at my dad for letting me have the point for ‘bird’ when the answer was ‘birds’ so when I won the game apparently I was cheating.

8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Ours is fake. I don’t think we’ve ever had a real one and its not something I’ve ever wanted either really!

9. What is your all-time favorite holiday food/sweet treat?
Stuffing, roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings. Does that count? My favourite sweet treats are After Eights, Chocolate Orange or when my dad makes peppermint creams. My mouth is watering at the thought!

10. Be honest: do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?
I do really really love getting presents but at the same time I am really bad at pretending to like things that I don’t like so in that respect I much prefer giving gifts.

11. What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever received?
This is a really hard one because I can’t remember all the things I’ve been given! Probably my GHD’s I got when I was about 13/14. I still have the same ones now and I’m 22 so they were a great present. In terms of when I was little though my favourite gift was probably chocolate or a styling head doll.

12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
I’ve never really thought of going anywhere other than my parent’s house so this is a tricky one! I think I would like to go somewhere in America though because everything always seems much more festive there!

13. Are you a pro-present wrapper, or do you fail miserably?
I like to think I’m a pro but I’m definitely not. I try to make them look pretty though so that’s what really counts. I’m a curly ribbon pro!

14. Most memorable Holiday moment?
The most memorable Christmas was a few years ago on Christmas Eve when we all asked my dad to make us homemade chips, somehow (I’m not sure how because I was in another room) the chip pan got knocked over and hot fat tipped all over my dads bare stomach and all down his legs and my mum slipped in the oil on the floor and burnt her knee. It was memorable because it was a really horrific event and my dad is scarred from the burns. He refused to go to A&E because it was Christmas Eve and would be really busy. I’ve never wanted to eat chips any less in my whole life.

I had to be Santa that year and set all the presents out because my mum struggled to walk with her burnt knee. It took the magic away but I am just grateful that their injuries weren’t worse. I know that’s kind of a sad one and probably not the magical experience you were hoping to read but that is definitely the most memorable Christmas we’ve had.

15. What made you realize the truth about Santa?
Probably when I realised that my mum and Santa had the same handwriting.

16. Do you make New Years resolutions? Do you stick to them?
I made some last year but I didn’t stick to them. I never normally make them though.

17. What makes the holidays special for you?
I love the food and the films and it is nice to have all the family together but I do enjoy getting back to my own house after a few days.

So there you have it, my answers to the Christmas tag! If you have done this tag before leave me a link in the comments section below so I can have a read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try my best to reply to every one! Don't leave irrelevant links though. Comments containing irrelevant links will be deleted.