Tuesday 27 May 2014

Post Pals

Today I have a short post of a different kind. I have wanted to write this for a while and today is the day for the post to go live!

Source
 When I was thinking of 101 things I could complete for my 101 in 1001 list (here) I remembered back to a website my little brother and sister used 3 or 4 years ago. This website is called Post Pals (link). The point of the website is to send letters/postcards/gifts to ill children to brighten their day. I thought this would be a lovely thing to do as what is better than spreading positivity and happiness? Everyone loves receiving post so why not send a small package to an ill child and make them smile?

Source
The website has a list of ‘pals’ they are supporting and each Pal has an ‘about me’ page sharing their likes and also some information about the illness or illnesses they have. The website also features a handy guide of what and how to write to the children if you are struggling (link).

As part of my 101 in 1001 I decided I would write to 10 children, 5 boys and 5 girls, and send them a small package with a letter and some small gifts. The child I am writing to today is Eloise G who suffers from Cystic Fibrosis. She is 6 years old and has been in and out of hospitals since she was born. I can’t wait to send the package and I hope she likes the gifts!

Is this something you would consider doing? If every person that reads this sends one letter, imagine the happiness you could spread. Make someone’s day and send a small card!


Let me know what you think of this in the comments section below! 


2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely blog post! I'm a volunteer for Post Pals (I look after the Twitter account) and it's great to see people spreading the word! Thank you very much x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome! It's such a good cause! More people should know about it definitely! x

      Delete

I love reading your comments and I will try my best to reply to every one! Don't leave irrelevant links though. Comments containing irrelevant links will be deleted.