Friday 11 April 2014

The Self Love Tag

Hey guys, I recently restarted my blog up after a long break of not posting and I have decided to switch things up a bit. I’ve changed the name and URL of my blog to be more of a ‘free’ blog in terms of the posts I write. I will be doing personal, wish lists, lifestyle, nail art, film and maybe some beauty posts thrown in there too. I need this to be a space to write what I want to write, not necessarily fit into any specific genre.

So with that I am going to fill in this self-love tag I saw a while back. I haven’t been tagged necessarily and I can’t remember where I saved it from but I thought I’d give it a go regardless. Here goes!



The rules are as follows:
Answer all of the below questions in a blog post.
Then nominate other bloggers to do the tag.

1. What does Self-love mean to you?
Self-love has the obvious meaning of loving yourself but I also think it means accepting who you are and what you are. If you don’t like something about yourself and you can change it, then why haven’t you? If you don’t like something about yourself and you can’t change it then there’s no point worrying about it. Accept yourself and realise you are you for a reason.

2. What is your favourite way to pamper yourself?
I love settling down with a book, hot chocolate and a face mask! Time to myself means a lot as I have a lot of stuff to do with working part time and also being in university full time with a boyfriend on the side. It’s a lot to take on and it’s good to have some me time! I also love painting my nails, I always feel better with nice nails!

Using Soap and Glory face mask
3. What are your three favourite hobbies/ pass times that make your soul feel on fire?
I love reading! I’ll read anything and everything. I can spend all day curled up in my bed with a bar of chocolate and a good book! As I mentioned in the question above, I love painting my nails too! I like to get creative and this is a simple thing that gets my creativity flowing. My third hobby I would say is writing. I write short stories sometimes and hide them in notebooks no one will ever read. It’s nice to get them written down without anyone having to see them.

4. What movie always puts you in a good mood when you’re not in the greatest mood?
I don’t really have a specific film if I’m honest. My preferences change day to day but you can bet anything I’ll fall asleep regardless of what I put on!

5. Who do you trust SO MUCH that you would easily believe in anything and everything they said?
I don’t know if I trust someone that much, but I believe my boyfriend most of the time because he always checks his sources when he finds something out! Literally, any article he sees if it sounds not 100% true he’ll check it out.

6. What quote totally motivates you?
I don’t know if it’s a quote or where it comes from but ‘nothing is impossible’ I think is a good thing to stick by. You just have to try your best at everything you do and then you will get the results you deserve.

7. When was the last time you took yourself on a date? What did you do?
This would have to be never, I don’t really do things by myself as I get anxious but if I were to take myself on a date it would probably be just to the cinema to watch a film. It wouldn’t be anywhere for a long time as I don’t like being out and about on my own, I’d prefer to have someone with me.

8. What make-up or beauty product makes you feel like a million bucks?
Lip products! I always have Vaseline, Babylips (Cherry), the Barry M green lipstick or my newest Rimmel lip crayon on me at all times. (Lipstick and lip crayon for nights out mostly).

Me and Jordan (boyfriend) at the SU Cops and Robbers fancy dress night.
9. What is the last thing you did for someone else that made you feel amazing?
I have been helping the people I live with with their university assignments a lot recently. It’s really geeky but I love Harvard referencing so I’ve been helping them understand it and checking they’ve done it properly. I love it, what can I say!

10. Do you feel comfortable with and without make-up on? Why?
I feel comfortable without make up more times than with. I don’t like wearing it through the day, only special occasions if I’m going out somewhere or on a Friday or Tuesday night when I go out with my friends. I feel comfortable wearing it too though, don’t get me wrong, I just think that I don’t need it to be comfortable with my appearance.

11. What piece of advice would you give a child about to grow up with the pressures of today’s media and its crushing expectations?
Just be comfortable and confident in your own skin because no matter what you do someone will put you down. As long as you are happy with you, no one else matters.

12. What song puts you in a good mood every time?
Don Broco – Thug Workout
Wiley – Can you hear me
Hadouken – Get Smashed Gate Crash
Those are probably the three songs that put me in an instant happy mood! (Too indecisive to just pick one, sorry guys!)

13. What is the best advice someone gave you or you realized about life?
If they’re bitching to you, they’re bitching about you. People always love to talk about other people.

14. Who makes you giggle like a giggle monster?
No one specific, but when you make me laugh, I will laugh until it’s not funny anymore and then laugh some more. There’s no stopping me when something has tickled me.

15. What is something about society that bugs you that you wish didn’t?
A lot of things bug me that I wish didn’t. But mostly I suppose people getting in other people’s business. Just leave people to live their lives and you live yours. I mean, I wish it didn’t happen but I suppose I will settle for it just not annoying me anymore.

16. What is one of your favourite things to do on the weekends?
I like to go on day trips to places I’ve never been before and explore! I recently went to Warwick Castle for the first time (blog post to come) and it really was a great day out! Also one day last year I went on a spur of the moment trip to Liverpool. It's such a lovely city and I loved being by the water!

Boat in the Dock's at Liverpool


17. What is something you’re really proud of that you’ve done?
I’m really proud of an essay I wrote in my first year of university. It was a logbook based on one of my favourite films Moonrise Kingdom. I got 100% which my lecturer said is the only 100% he’s ever given out in the 7 years he’s been teaching. It made me think, if I can do that, I can do anything!

18. What is one of your favourite memories with one of your friends?
One of my favourite memories is with my mum (does this count?). We went to York for 3 days for my 18th birthday and it really was such a lovely mini break. It was nice to spend some time just me and my mum as we never get that time together, especially not now I live 100 miles away! Unfortunately I cannot find a single picture from the trip of me and my mum together!

On a walk around the walls that surround York.
19. What advice would you give someone who needs a boost in confidence?
That you can do anything you set your mind too. Work really hard and it will pay off!

20. Lastly, how do you plan on investing in self-love?
I plan on taking more of my own advice and accepting the things I cannot change about myself. I’m working on the things I can change so I guess I’m half way there. I need to take more me time and concentrate on what makes me happy rather than trying to please everyone else.

If you made it through that then you deserve a prize!

The three people I tag are:

Kayleigh from Couture Girl
Danniella from Famous in Japan
Sophia from Tattooed Tealady

Thanks for reading! If you do this tag, leave your links below! I’d love to read more responses!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments and I will try my best to reply to every one! Don't leave irrelevant links though. Comments containing irrelevant links will be deleted.