Tuesday 6 May 2014

101 in 1001

I’ve been following Becky from Becky Bedbug for a while now and I have always been interested in her 101 in 1001 posts without fully understanding what they were. I recently googled it to see and found out it was quite an interesting challenge! You have to make a list of 101 goals to complete in a timescale of 1001 years (roughly 2.75 years). The idea behind this is that the timescale isn’t too rushed that it is impossible but also isn’t too long for it to be forgotten about.

After three or more days of trying to work out my list, I have finally finished and categorized it as best I can! So here goes!
Start date: 6/5/2014
Finish date: 31/1/2017


I will update this list as tasks are completed. I will also post monthly updates on my blog so you can follow my progress a little easier! Wish me luck!


1) Graduate with a 2.1 or higher
2) Get a first in my Dissertation
3) Learn key words of a new language

4) Publish 4 posts a week for a month on the blog
5) Reach 300 followers on Bloglovin
6) Enter the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards 2015
7) Host a giveaway on my blog
8) Have three guest posts on my blog
9) Guest post on at least one blog
10) Buy own domain name
11) Get blog professionally redesigned
12) Hold a blog sale
13) Post 10 more wish list posts on the blog
14) Get 200 twitter followers
15) Get 100 instagram followers


16) Get together savings of £500+
17) Get a job where I’m allowed to wear nail varnish (and don’t have to put a plaster on my nose piercing)
18) Put £2 in a money box for every task I complete
19) Be clear of my overdraft by the time I graduate (July 2015)
20) Learn to budget and stick to it for one month

21) Get a penpal and remember to reply
22) Take part in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month)
23) Write ten letters to ten different children on PostPals 


24) Make a scrapbook for my holiday in June 2014
25) Start making sock teddies again (make three)
26) Create melted crayon art
27) Start a ‘Wreck this Journal’
28) Buy a disposable camera and take photo’s the old fashioned way!
29) Complete a colouring book
30) Learn to paint my own toenails
31) Go to a pottery painting café and paint something
32) Get my Helix pierced
33) Get a tattoo



34) Go to a music festival
35) Go to a culture festival
36) Visit two new countries
37) Spend New Year in a new country
38) Attend a film festival
39) Visit (and climb) the Eiffel Tower
40) Visit 5 castles I’ve never been to before
41) Go to a zoo I’ve never been to before
42) Visit 10 cities I’ve never been before in the UK
43) Live in a foreign country for a month
44) Spend a weekend in a five star hotel
45) Travel first class
46) Visit Highgate Cemetery
47) Visit a water park (not the Alton Towers one)
48) Visit the Harry Potter Tour
49) Go to a car boot sale
50) Go see three comedians live
51) Go to Disneyland again!
52) Go on a girls holiday with my mum and sister
53) Go indoor skydiving
54) Visit a lighthouse
55) Go to a roller disco!
56) Visit Newquay for a weekend
57) Go skinny dipping
58) Go surfing
59) Go parasailing
60) Conquer my fear of Oblivion at Alton Towers
61) See A Day To Remember live (again)
62) Make a wish in a fountain
63) Ride a horse and go faster than a trot!
64) Get in a hot tub!
65) Go out to eat, just for dessert
66) Go sledging


67) Go to a football match
68) Take funny photos in a photo booth
69) Stay up all night playing board games
70) Watch the sunrise and sunset on the same day
71) Be in the audience of a television show
72) See three musicals at the West End
73) Attend a midnight showing of a new film


74) Not eat junk food for a whole month
75) Go to the gym 4 times a week for a month
76) Drink nothing but water for a whole month
77) Grow some vegetables and use them in a meal
78) Do a 10 day juice detox (all homemade juice)
79) Learn to swim properly
80) Go a month without eating out
81) Try five new foods
82) Go without chocolate for a week
83) Do 50 squats a day for 30 days
84) Do 50 star jumps a day for 30 days
85) Lose a stone and maintain this weight for at least three months (to tick it off but hopefully for good)


86) Start driving lessons
87) Pass my driving test
88) Read 100 books I’ve never read before (make a list)
89) Watch 100 films I’ve never seen before (make a list)
90) Move into my own flat
91) Learn how to juggle
92) Make a list of 100 Facts About Me
93) Get my legs waxed (can be an at home kit)
94) Go through my clothes and ‘cash4clothes’ the ones I know I won’t wear again
95) Watch all of Breaking Bad
96) Finish watching The Walking Dead
97) Own a large dressing table with mirror
98) Pluck my eyebrows
99) Write a list of 100 things that make me happy
100) Go a day without swearing
101) Buy a pair of heels in any colour other than black!

So there you have it, my list of 101 things to do in 1001 days! Let me know if you have a list as I love reading them!






4 comments:

  1. brilliant idea! I love Becky's 101 in 1001 posts too - looking forward to how you get on with yours.
    It's so silly you have to use a plaster to cover your nose piercing, but I guess it's more of a hassle having to take it out every time? Also I love the idea of Post Pals - thank you for introducing me to them! *off to search for a penpal*

    Anita @ AllThingsAnita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so excited to get started, I just don't know where to begin! I can't take my piercing out thats why it's so annoying. The plaster is to 'stop it falling out' but it can't fall out because I cant take it out without going to a piercers! Ah no worries! I love the idea! It's so cute!

      Delete
  2. I had wanted to know what this challenge was for ages, so great to see what it is :) I want to do it, but I never stick to things especially for that long lol. Loving all yours though, can I literally go on all those travel/day trips with you?! Sounds amazing :) & omg I want a penpal too! xx Gemma xx Sunshine On A Cloudy Day Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good challenge! I think it's something everyone should take part in, especially if you set small goals you can actually accomplish! You should give it a go definitely! Haha! Yes you can :P Thanks for commenting! xx

      Delete

I love reading your comments and I will try my best to reply to every one! Don't leave irrelevant links though. Comments containing irrelevant links will be deleted.